Our Terrific Tofu & Turmeric Family Recipe
As long as you weigh everything, you will have it 100% balanced. We can send you the exact amounts to make for your dog’s weight – our recipes makes enough for 6 days, 3 days or 2 days. See the image below of Greyhound June so enjoying her food!
Tofu has one of the highest amounts of protein to feed your dog and turmeric is chosen for its naturally anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties………..and this recipe is delicious!
“The tofu and turmeric recipe is a firm favourite with our rescue Greyhounds June and April….and it is very simple to make!”
April and June’s owner
- Tofu or tempeh can be used in this recipe
- Quinoa – rinse well before cooking to remove bitterness
- Lentils from a tin – rinsed and drained
- Chopped cauliflower, green beans and courgette
- Chopped carrots
- Red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- Millet flakes
Nutrient rich ‘icing’ also carefully weighed out in grams
• Drain and rinse beans, rinse tinned lentils, rinse quinoa and add to a large pot
• Chop the cauliflower, green beans & courgette. If prefer to use spinach, broccoli, asparagus etc these can be substituted, but must add carrots
• Add all vegetables to the pot with beans
• Cover with generous amount of water and boil everything together for 40 -50 minutes
• Drain nutrient rich water into a separate container and add oats and millet flakes to this boiled nutrient rich water to absorb the remaining liquid.
• Mash or blend the cooked vegetables and beans with a hand blender and combine the oats and millet mixture along with the weighed amount of tofu that is roughly mashed
• The mixture should have a fairly solid consistency that can be packaged into squares.
Nutrient rich icing:
• Cut the tip off the algae capsule and squeeze out the contents
• Add the sesame oil
• Weigh or measure out JUST BE KIND supplement
• Choose the amount of turmeric you wish to add (everything does end up very yellow)
• Mix together with a little oat milk to form a paste
• ONLY WHEN COMPLETELY COOLED, ice the top of the cooked food
• Place in biodegradable packaging or containers to freeze or refrigerate for each day’s use
Defrost overnight to feed in the morning to your dog.