Today’s Small Memories
A day of such contrasts – I attended the memorial service of a dear vet friend’s wife who fought a battle with breast cancer as bravely as she led her amazing life full of research, lecturing, teaching and playing the cello and taking part in triathlons while bringing up twins – an amazing lady!
I cried (a bit loudly) in the quiet filled room as her dear husband lost and moving forward read about her life – it was so touching and made me appreciate how we need to be there for each other as well as enjoy each day that we have to the full.
In the afternoon, another very dear vet friend and colleague had organised a surprise pre-wedding party for one of our vets who is having a very small wedding next week, so that we could all celebrate with her. The afternoon was full of sunshine, excitement of surprise, plenty of hugs and kisses (from me to all the babies that were there – adorable babies) and most important – laughter!
One of the vets organised hilarious games where we were all teenagers again laughing at each other twerking ping pong balls in tissue boxes tied to our backs and holding coins in our bottom cheeks and dangling bananas while hitting a ping pong ball – goodness did we laugh! The adorable little vet and vet nurses’ children had a pinata that they just could not empty as it was so filled with sweets and they eventually made a small hole and in frustration knocked it to the ground and descended on it like little feral animals – again we all laughed so much.
The afternoon was filled with a heady mix of happiness and nostalgia and camaraderie for what we had been through in the morning. I did not need any alcohol (I don’t like alcohol) to feel happy and light-headed as everyone else was in the warm sunshine; and I was able to give our head nurse a lift which meant she could happily drink her well-deserved full bottle of Prosecco (and she shared in all the practuce gossip on the way home!) ?
This is what I have eaten today –
- Cup of Tic Toc redbush tea with soya milk
- Bowl of rolled oats with milled linseed, blueberries and raspberries
- Used chia seeds in my cereal today for the first time
- 1 hrt tablet
- 2 Algae Omega 3 capsules
Mid-morning after funeral–
- 1 quinoa Aldi snack bar
- Cup caramel redbush tea and soya milk
Lunch at afternoon party:
- 1 white sesame bun with vegan cheese and guacamole spread
- Glass of orange and mango with sparkling water
- 2 portions couscous salad with avocado oil, rocket, tomato, malt vinegar and pine nuts
- 1 orange
- 1 Moaom sweet from the pinata?
- Avocado on sourdough bread drizzled with bit of maple syrup
- Half a sharan fruit
- 4 squares Green and Black 85% dark chocolate
- Cup mint tea and bed at 9 as drained of all energy today!