We ran a very emotional park run today – it was in memory of the wonderful, talented wife of good friend and fellow vet who lost his wife to breast cancer. He was there with his 2 children and their family dog – all so deeply saddened by the tragedy in their lives but so good to see them there and realise that they have each other and the support of all of us at work.
As vets we deal so much with death and illness and not being able to make your own loved ones better when we know how to make animals better plays heavily on us as professionals.
This is what I have eaten today having done the 5km park run in a good time for me of 30 minutes:) –
- Rolled raw oats
- Soya milk
- Milled Linseed mix from Lidl
- Coconut yoghurt
- Handful blueberries
- Tic toc redbush earl grey tea with soya milk
- 2 Algae Omega 3 capsules
- 1 hrt tablet (keeps my hormones in check!)
Post park run with friends:
- Delicious bought vegan flapjack – sweetened with lots of syrup I’m sure but tasted great!
- Soft drink made of pomegranate and berries
- 1 Naked cashew nut and date bar on drive home
- 2 Jacob’s black pepper crackers once home
- Cup of redbush tea and oat milk Barista with added turmeric Latte bought from Sainsbury as in the photo – tasty but leaves a strong taste in your mouth once drunk
Lunch with family:
- Last night’s rice with tofu, tomato, olives – eaten cold
- Hummus and carrots
Mid afternoon snack:
- 1 apple
- Cup redbush caramel tea and soya milk
- Bowl of Tesco popcorn
- Piece of rye bread plain
- Mashed potato made from boiled new potatoes with skin and added coconut milk and Flora spread
- Crunchy seaweed from Sainsbury – cooked in oven – quite tasty but not sure I’ll buy again
- Mangetout beans
- Coconut yoghurt
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 squares Lindt 85% dark chocolate
- Cup mint tea while watching BGT!