I am always tempted by the ‘book man’ who comes to the vet practice once a month and leaves a box of possible books, games or gadgets that we may need (or not need but are tempted to buy as they are sold cheaply).
This time the box had a book that I had to buy – ‘What Vegans Eat’. I imagine it is leftover stock from all those books not sold during Veganuary!
It has some amazing-looking recipes in it and I am looking forward to trying some – although I am really bad at following recipes (I’m a bit too impatient and I also don’t like having to wear my reading glasses when I’m cooking as I feel like I’m at work, so I can’t actually read the pages!!)
I did have a look at it before popping out for my Saturday morning shop at our local Lidl.
I only got so far as making the one recipe I saw briefly – the roast baby potatoes with rosemary (from our garden) this evening!
This what I have eaten today –
- Rolled raw oats
- Soya milk
- 1 tbsp Linwoods flaxseed, almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts and CoEnzyme Q10 mix
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt (really delicious one I found at Sainsbury)
- Handful blueberries
- Tic toc redbush earl grey tea (my favourite) with soya milk
- 1 vitamin D tablet (taken them all through winter so will only stop in the summer)
- 1 hrt tablet (keeps my hormones in check!)
Mid – morning snack:
Nothing! – I was too busy shopping at Lidl, hoovering the house and cleaning this morning:)
- Salad of lettuce, brown rice, peas, walnuts, baby tomatoes, rocket, malt vinegar and olive oil
- 1 Lidl olive fresh roll with dairy free spread
- 1 carrot and hummus
- Cup caramel tea with frothed delicious Oatley Barista milk – the closest I can get to a cappucino!
- 1 bowl salted Tesco popcorn (Ruff eats the ones that fall under my computer…..as yes, eaten while I work at my desk!
- Green Smoothie made of kale, baby spinach, soya milk and banana all blended together in a Breville blender – the ripe banana gives the creamy flavour. I keep the woody bits of kale for our 2 guinea pigs!
- Roasted jersey new potatoes with baby tomatoes and rosemary
- Lidl frozen vegetable italian mix with added Engevita yeast flakes – about 1 tbsp (lovely nutty taste and full of Vitamin B)
- Coconut yoghurt (it is delicious – the one from Sainsbury)
- 1 passion fruit
- 4 squares delicious 85% organic dark Green and Black’s chocolate (bitter but SO chocolatey and smooth!)
- Cup mint tea while watching Britain’s Got Talent:)
- How delicious the food was today 85% 85%
- How happy I felt today 70% 70%
- How easy the food was to prepare 75% 75%
- Energy levels 60% 60%
- Cravings for cheese, yoghurt and chicken 20% 20%
My Weight Today