An enormously poignant, sad day. I worked a full day of consulting as a vet and a very good friend and colleague suffered the loss of his wife today. She was my age and died of cancer.
The mood at work amongst my wonderful colleagues was of overwhelming sadness and the heaviness could be felt in the office, in the surgery and in the consulting rooms as work had to go on.
I also had 2 very moving euthanasias of 2 Staffies today – Tallulah was 13 years old and riddled with arthritis to the point where she could not stand and gorgeous Buster was only 10 and had an abdomen full of blood from a leaking splenic tumour.
I felt so overwhelmed with emotion for both euthanasias, that I almost cried with the devastated grieving owners.
It reinforced my feelings today of the true fragility of life and the overwhelming love we have for our pets.
This is what I have eaten today as day 5 being a vegan-
- Rolled raw oats
- Soya milk
- 1 tbsp Linwoods flaxseed, almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts and CoEnzyme Q10 mix
- Coconut yoghurt (really delicious one I found at Sainsbury)
- Handful blueberries
- Tic toc redbush earl grey tea (my favourite) with soya milk
- 1 vitamin D tablet (taken them all through winter so will only stop in the summer)
- 1 hrt tablet (keeps my hormones in check!)
Mid – morning snack at work:
- 1 banana
- Cup of tea with Soya milk
Lunch taken to work:
- Salad of lettuce, rocket, baby tomatoes, pine nuts, brown rice, peas, walnuts, malt vinegar and olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- Handful blueberries
Evening drive home:
- Handful of almonds and small pack raisins eaten in the car on drive home to keep me awake
- 1 cocoa and orange snack bar from Lidl
- Hungarian, vegetarian goulash – all cooked in slow cooker – onions, baby potaotoes, vegetable stock, passata, tin tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, courgette, paprika and black pepper
- 1 satsuma
- Coconut yoghurt (it is delicious – the one from Sainsbury)
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 squares delicious 90% dark Lindt chocolate (bitter but SO chocolatey!)
- Cup mint tea before falling asleep in front of TV
- How delicious the food was today 85% 85%
- How happy I felt today 30% 30%
- How easy the food was to prepare 75% 75%
- Energy levels 30% 30%
- Cravings for cheese, yoghurt and chicken 20% 20%
My Weight Today