We are here to fully support you
Just as with human vegan food, we do worry that vegan dog food may cost more as the ingredients of the food are more expensive. In the UK, meat-based products are so heavily subsidised that 95% of all the dog food made from the byproducts of this subsidised industry are cheap to obtain, so there is a lot of money to be made by these companies – whether raw or dry dog food. Most of the dry dog food is made up of ‘cereals’ though which are 90% of the time corn or maize and not too expensive, especially if it is GMO corn.
We are so passionate about plant-based feeding in dogs, that we want to support you and hopefully make it affordable for you.
A very cost-effective way to feed your dog and allow you full control of all the ingredients that you use, is to homecook. With homecooking for your dog, it is possible to source ingredients such as choosing misshapen cheaper vegetables, eating the same food as you prepare for your pet or even growing the vegetables yourself!
Most of the ingredients needed are probably already in your kitchen cupboard, and it is possible to source the ingredients from our favourite online store – Buy Wholefoods Online
We do advise using a supplement when you homecook to ensure that the meal you prepare for your dog is 100% balanced. It can be made with no supplement, but you are more likely to get it wrong than right. Our supplement works out to be only 70p a day if feeding an average 25kg dog our healthy recipes so definitely worth considering if you feel a vegan diet is out of your price range – and you can eat the same foods as your dog to make it even more cost-effective:)
THE SECOND MOST COST-EFFECTIVE OPTION – SPIRULINA GREEN PAWS SUPPLEMENT!
It is SO much more affordable than you think to feed your dog a healthy and nutritious plant-based diet. If you complement one of the plant-based dog food diets available with simple, easy to prepare delicious side dishes for your dog plus a sprinkling of our Supergreen Supplement, you will have the healthiest and most cost-effective way of feeding your dog (or cat) plant-based!
**Just one 125g sachet of Green Paws Supergreen Supplement that costs only £16.50, will provide your pet with all the extra amino acids and supernutrients needed for at least 2 months!**
Our Green Paws Supergreens supplement powder contains the additional amino acids that are lacking in dogs fed a homemade plant-based diet.
This Supergreens supplement is free from artificial additives, colourants and preservatives and is made of pure Spirulina that is anti-oxidant and vitamin rich to boost the health of your pet.
Spirulina, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, DL-Methionine
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
One 125g supergreen sachet should last approximately 2 months if feeding your pet with wholesome homecooked side dishes daily as it is to be used sparingly and sprinkled from a teaspoon onto the cooked homemade food
TRY THESE WHOLESOME HOMEMADE SIDE DISHES FULL OF GOODNESS YOU MAY BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH YOUR DOG (OR CAT) LOVES IT!
1. Grate 1 courgette and fry it with some oil and crumbled tofu. Add a dash of soya sauce and a small sprinkle of supergreen supplement and serve to your pet with some cooked quinoa as a full meal or without quinoa as a tasty side dish.
2. Line a baking tray with some oil and add fresh kale or spinach. Sprinkle with sunflower oil + generous amount of nutritional yeast + a very small amount of supergreen supplement sprinkled from a teaspoon, and bake for 15-20 minutes until crunchy but not burnt. Can be shared with your pet as so rich in nutrients.
3. If your pet is carrying extra weight as they love their food and you love them; simply cook 1 meal a day of vegetables such as peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, courgettes, chickpeas (can use frozen vegetables) and sprinkle a small amount of supergreen supplement + nutritional yeast over the vegetables for a daily meal that is irresistible and super healthy for your pet to prolong their life naturally. Remember to cut the amount of dog food you normally feed by half as the other half of their meal is made from nutrient rich vegetables with the added supplement to supply those extra amino acids and vitamins. You will literally see the weight just drop off!
4. Cook extra quinoa, brown rice, white rice, polenta, pasta, sweet potato or couscous when you make a family meal. These natural healthy non-processed nutrients in homemade food with a small sprinkling of Supergreen Supplement is the most effective and cheapest way of ensuring a long and healthy life for your pet. Adding some nutritional yeast to the food or a splash of soya sauce will tempt even the fussiest of pets!
5. Polenta cakes made with naturally sweet and nutrient rich organic polenta are irresistible to dogs. Simply boil some polenta with water and some plant-based milk. Stir frequently over the hob and heat for about 20 minutes. Once it starts to harden, sprinkle some Supergreen Supplement over it with a thin layer of tahini or peanut butter and offer this to your dog for a delicious side dish. Only half the amount of dog food is needed if complementing your dog’s daily diet with these healthy and nutritious dishes!
Can’t thank you enough as Billy is now 31.6kgs ( a loss of 6 kgs!)
“Charlie Chops has to have two new hips we think which is a bit of a shock and we have to get this weight off him”
Veganuary is a disaster on our waistlines if you are already vegan!
Beautiful boy Boston is a German Shorthaired Pointer living in Swindon who in his owner's words is excitable, very sensitive and loving. This sensitivity in his nature also extends to what he eats as he has had skin issues in the past with a rash recently on his...
How I loved my time working at the PDSA charity as a GP Vet. It was lifechanging for me and where my whole JUST BE KIND journey began, but equally lifechanging for a very special black labrador called Paris who I so looked forward to seeing on a monthly basis. Why...
This is my step by step guide to making their homecooked meals that I batch cook
Frankie is back to wolfing down his meals and jumping up and down at dinner time
We are SO positive about the future of plant-based feeding as we step into 2022
Read all about why we changed our JUST BE KIND formulation for the better to suit ALL dogs!
Ruff is having the best vegan natural medication that I have sourced for him and his little wonky joints as he now enters his golden years
The most reassuring was to finish the TV clip with an interview with our wonderful Prof Andrew Knight
As COP26 gets underway today in Glasgow and we celebrate World Vegan Day, I can feel the excitement of change around the corner!