There is evidence to prove that a plant-based diet that is properly balanced whether dry or homemade is kinder for your dog. With this evidence, it really doesn’t make sense as to why owners still choose a meat-based diet over a plant-based.
The 5 top reasons to choose a plant-based diet for your dog
1. Many people have observed health improvement in their dogs from properly balanced and supplemented plant-based dog food; particularly in regards to skin conditions and other allergic conditions. Many also report softer coats, increased energy and an improvement in behaviour.
2. Plant-based diets do not accumulate toxins at the same level that meat based ones do…when you feed animals to your dog, your dog is getting all of the toxins the body of that other animal accumulated over that animal’s lifetime.
3. A diet very high in proteins such as a raw meaty diet means that your dog will not live as long as high protein promotes ageing, while a plant-based diet benefits elderly dogs. Plant-based diets promote longevity as shown by Bramble who lived to a healthy 25 years of age and holds the record for the oldest dog in the UK.
4. It is ethically better, as it doesn’t require hundreds of other animals to die over the course of one favoured dog’s lifetime, just to keep your one pet alive.
5. You will sleep better at night as you are doing what is right to protect our fragile planet. A dog’s carbon footprint on a meat-based diet is the same as driving a 4×4 over a year!
If you have the option then why choose a meat diet?
The maned wolf really blows the theory of our pet dogs needing meat in their diet completely out the water
Is a Vitamin B12 deficiency the reason why your dog eats soil?
We have Bramble the dog who wanted to live forever as proof that vegan diets help our pets live longer healthier lives
An online survey in 2019 revealed that around one in three owners may be willing to consider switching to a vegan diet for their pet in the future
This is one of our biggest concerns as pet owners that we are not getting the balance just right for the health of our pet
When we choose to change our dogs onto a vegan diet, worrying about what other people think is a huge concern to us
Just try it – you may be amazed as a vegan dog food diet can be made to be fully hypoallergenic as well as…..
There is a very easy way to get your vet on your side straight away when you switch your dog to a vegan diet
Making homemade vegan dog food or Umameo treats offers the perfect opportunity to make a difference in your community
You are being a compassionate owner by feeding your dog a plant-based diet
My dog only likes to eat meat and chicken, how do I know that she will like a vegan diet?
If you calculate the amount you currently spend on dog food and treats for your pet, we can assure you that you can afford it